At The Forefront Of Changes

In International Law

Immigration And Naturalization

Information available on this page can also be found on the USCIS website.

At the office of Ambar Diaz, P.A., in Miami, Florida, we provide clients with comprehensive and tailored immigration representation and services. Below are some of the types of immigration matters that we handle.

Family-Based Immigration

We understand the anxiety and stress of being separated from your family. Attorney Ambar Diaz can explain to you your options when bringing family members to join you in the United States. We have assisted hundreds of clients in legally immigrating to or staying in the United States via a family petition that can be filed by a spouse, child, parent or sibling. And we are delighted to report the recent approval of the first family petitions we filed based on same-sex marriage.

Cuban Adjustment Act

The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1996 (CAA), or Ley de Ajuste Cubano, allows Cuban natives or citizens who are eligible and their accompanying spouses and children to get a green card (permanent residence). The CAA gives the attorney general the discretion to grant permanent residences to Cuban natives or citizens applying for a green card if they have been present in the United States for at least one year, have been admitted or paroled and are admissible as immigrants. The spouse and child(ren) of an individual applying for a green card under the CAA may also apply for benefits under the CAA regardless of their country of citizenship or place of birth.

Unlawful Presence Waivers

Certain immigrant visa applicants who are spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (immediate relatives) can apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers (form I-601A) before they leave the United States. Unlawful presence means that a person is present in the U.S. without having received any type of visa prior to their arrival. The waiver is granted if the individual can show that his or her immediate relatives in the U.S. would suffer extreme hardship if the person is not allowed to stay in the country. The waiver is granted or denied while the person is still in the United States, but before they attend the visa interview in their country. We have assisted several of our clients to apply for and receive this waiver. They have then traveled to their country and returned to the U.S. a few days later as lawful permanent residents.

We Can Help, Contact Our Firm Today

Our firm also represents clients in issues pertaining to permanent residency, green cards, citizenship and naturalization. Additionally, we have extensive knowledge of matters related to U.S. and Cuba embargo relations. Contact the office of Ambar Diaz, P.A., today. Let a member of our firm help you fully understand your immigration options. Call us at 1-800-686-2778 or contact us online. Se habla español.